Well the operation went very well. I was talking on the phone and typing an email only a few hours after getting home. I don't remember too much of what I said so ... if we spoke that afternoon - um - I take it back, your cooking is wonderful really, and I've never even been to the Watergate hotel so it wasn't me. : )
A little more drama than I expected in the operating room though. Turns out I had a pretty severe case of endometiosis. Very long story very short, this explains why I haven't been getting pregnant. The next step is to go on hormones for the next 6 months (creating a mini menopause) the try to get pregnant again. If I get pregnant, wahoo! If not, another operation to check things out, 6 more months of menopause hormones then in vitro fertilization. If by any chance some future child of mine is reading this blog, SEE THE @&$! WORK I PUT IN TO BRING YOU INTO THIS WORLD? Now go clean your room. And no cheating using the robot maid thingy.
It's funny. When we first started trying to get pregnant I was only sort of interested in having a baby. More doing it out of obligation due to my age. 2 years later I am really really really really really really ready to have a baby thank you very much. All for the best I suppose.
So now it's time to refocus and move towards moving. The packers come on Wednesday and I still need to separate the Africa bound and consumables shipment from the permanent storage stuff. Thankfully I've finished the exchange blocks for my New Jersey quilting friends (HI GUYS!!!!!!! I miss you!!!) and they should arrive in time for their spring retreat. Here is a picture of all 12 beautiful (and more importantly, finished) blocks. Back to packing!
No comments:
Post a Comment